Certified Restaurant Manager (CRM) Exam
The exam focuses on the most important management skills from the following areas:
• Financial management & performance
• Purchasing & cost control
• Finding, hiring and training employees
• Managing employee performance
• Safety & regulations
• Marketing planning & evaluation
If you are in a management position reporting to the General Manager or above, this certification will help you demonstrate your expertise as a manager and leader to current and future employers.
Who should apply
Examples of the kinds of management positions that qualify for the CRM certification include, but are not limited to: Banquet Chef, Banquet Manager, Catering Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, Food Service Manager, General Manager, Kitchen Manager, Restaurant Manager.
• Meeting customer service and quality assurance goals
• Workplace safety
• Cost control
If you are in an entry-level supervisory or management position, this certification will help you demonstrate your expertise as a supervisor and leader to current and future employers.
Upon purchase, ServSuccess exams require you to complete an online application to ensure you meet the prerequisites. Until your application is approved, you will be unable to access non-exam products in your bundle. To apply:
1. After checkout, click “Go to Learning Dashboard” button on confirmation screen.
(Note: You can also access application by selecting “My Learning & Exams” in Welcome menu.)
2. Select the “Launch” button to begin your application.
3. Follow the instructions and steps provided.
4. Provide correct documentation and required references.
5. Following response by references, open and submit application.
Following application approval, your non-exam products will become available under “My Learning & Exams,” but you will need to register for a proctored exam session before you will see a link for your exam. To register for an exam session and take your exam:
1. After application approval, navigate to Find a Proctor.
2. Contact a Registered Proctor offering exam sessions near you.
(Note: Additional fees may apply)
3. Click the registration link for your selected exam session in email sent by Registered Proctor.
4. On exam day, you will use your ServSuccess credentials to login on the provided device.
5. Upon logging in you will be able to launch the exam and the proctor will enter a password to unlock your exam.
If your application is denied, you will be entitled to a refund of your entire bundle purchase price. (Note: Automatic refunds require saving your credit card in your ServSuccess profile.)
• CRS Certification plus 1,000 hours of industry experience in a management role
• 2,000 hours of industry experience in a management role
Valid ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certificate or equivalent
Reference confirming competencies listed on Character Reference Form